Brown Veterinary Housecall Services
Trusted, Convenient, Stress Free, Heart Centered, Integrative Veterinary Care in the comfort of your pets own HOME, YARD or BARN by Integrative Veterinarian, Dr. Colleen Brown. Proudly serving the valley since 2010 as a local, veterinarian owned & operated, small business private practice.
- Multi-pet households
- Pets that do not travel well
- Easily stressed pets
- Large breed dogs
- Senior & geriatric pets
- Arthritic pets unable to get into vehicles
- Disabled pet owners
- Elderly pet owners
- Busy pet owners
- And more...
Dr. Brown offers a wide array of housecall services for DOGS, CATS & HORSES. Services range from Western (Allopathic/Conventional) Veterinary Medicine, Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine-TCVM (Eastern) Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine, Integrative (combination of Western/TCVM) Veterinary Medicine to Quality of Life Assessments & Second Opinions, In Home Euthanasia & Cremation Services and more
HOW TO SCHEDULE
All appointment requests are conveniently processed directly on this site via ONLINE FORMS
WHAT TO EXPECT
Dr. Brown travels via car with her field assistant, Jim. Exams are conducted in the HOME, secured YARD or BARN. Average in person doctor appointment time is 1 hour pending appointment type requested.
- Greeting and Brief Patient History/Medical Record Review
- Comprehensive Physical Exam
- Recommendations, Q & A
- Lab Sample Collection, Perform Recommended and/or Requested Treatments
- Charting and Invoicing
- Schedule Recheck Exams/Future Treatments i.e. Acupuncture, etc.
- Remote Access Follow Up Options i.e. direct communication/correspondence with Dr. Brown outside of in-person appointment time:
- Dr. Brown charges an hourly rate for her time for remote assistance and correspondence on patients behalf outside of in person appointments
- One or more follow up emails included with each in-person appointment pending appointment type chosen
- Ability to schedule additional remote access support via TeleVET Time with Dr. B!
- Please note Dr. Brown typically has only a 30 min window for travel time in between appointments to get to her next patient location. Extended/additional time fees apply if appointment goes over the allotted time.
HOW TO PREPARE THE DAY OF YOUR PETS SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT
- Please have cats enclosed in a small room where they can not hide or run away such as a bathroom if needed. Cat wrangling is not a provided service!
- For nervous cats the exam will be conducted in this room so please clear counters and remove personal effects to avoid accidental breakage by stressed cats. Dr. Brown and staff will not be held responsible for any broken items not removed from area
- Please have collars on dogs to help with restraint
- Dogs can be examined outside in a secure yard or in the home
- Please have halter and lead rope for horses. Cross ties preferred for acupuncture if available
- Please make sure patients presented for acupuncture are clean and dry
- Reminder: Dr. Brown has a no aggressive pet policy that was agreed to on the new client form. She does not offer or carry sedation due to the nature of this practice. All fees still apply if a dog, cat or horse is aggressive and not able to be fully examined
- Masks continue to be strongly recommended for all appointments for safety purposes due to Covid-19 and its variants. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We look forward to helping you with your pets healing needs!