1. WHAT IS DR. BROWNS TRAVEL AREA?
- Dr. Brown will travel to the following cities based on availability
- MESA, GILBERT, TEMPE, CHANDLER, SCOTTSDALE, FOUNTAIN HILLS, PARADISE VALLEY, APACHE JUNCTION & GOLD CANYON
- BASE HOUSECALL TRAVEL FEE covers travel within 15 miles from Mesa 85205 hub
- ADDTIONAL TRAVEL FEES apply based on location & travel time to areas of the above cites that are greater than 15 miles from hub
- EXTENDED TRAVEL FEES apply to the following cities: CAVE CREEK, QUEEN CREEEK, SAN TAN VALLEY, RIO VERDE, AHWATUKEE
- Note: Dr. Brown is currently accepting equine patients only in the extended travel areas listed. She has started a wait list for dogs/cats interested in TCVM Acupuncture-only appointments. Contact us via email to get on our wait list for dogs/cats in the extended travel cities for TCVM Acupuncture services or consider an appointment at Soul Puppy
- DR. BROWN DOES NOT TRAVEL TO CITIES NOT LISTED
2. HOW DO I REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT?
3. WHEN IS DR. BROWNS FIRST AVAILABLE APPOINTMENT?
- It depends.....
- Scheduling a mobile practice is very different from scheduling a brick and mortar clinic at a fixed location
- Available appointment slots are given priority to active client-patients and preapproved requests from the new client-patient waitlist protocol based on location and availability
- Many factors determine appointment availability such as location of request, what locations are currently on the schedule, new client patient waitlist, etc.
- Please note the answer to this question can change quite frequently therefore it is simply not possible to answer as a general inquiry as the answer will change almost immediately due to the logistics of scheduling a mobile practice
- Great attention to detail goes into the dynamic scheduling process of a mobile practice that sees patients in different cities around the valley. Dr. Brown receives dozens of general inquiries regarding appointments every day, along with officially submitted new client forms. She is limited in the number of patients she can see daily due to travel and therefore can only hold available appointment slots for active clients and preapproved new client requests from the waitlist due to scheduling/travel logistics, safety purposes, etc.
4. HOW DOES THE NEW CLIENT PATIENT WAITLIST PROTOCOL WORK?
- For safety puproses, all submitted new client form requests are immediately wait listed until medical records are received for review. Approved requests are again waitlisted until appointment deposits are received.
- The speed at which available appointment dates are offered is dependent on the speed at which required materials are submitted and emails responded to. The waitlist functions not in the order of material received but in order of the first to complete the process (new client form, medical records, deposit, appointment day/time options/confirmation)
- For example, Spot, Scooter, Trinket, Sweets, Lucky and Skippy all request housecalls and live in different cities.
- Spot and Scooter both submit new client forms (step one) on the same day.
- Trinket submits both the new client form (step one) and medical records (step two) several days after Spot & Scooter.
- Spot responded to our email but has not submitted records (step two) so he stays on the wait list at step two.
- Scooter has not responded or submitted records (step two) so he stays on the wait list at step two as well.
- Dr. Brown reviews the information for Trinket and approves her request. Trinkets owner responds to email, sends the required appointment deposit (step three) and receives first available appointment days/times for her area. Appointment day/time is confirmed (step four) and Trinket is officially on the schedule. Trinkets owner completed all the steps the same day, comments on how easy the process was and is excited for her upcoming appointment.
- Even though Spot and Scooter submitted forms first, Trinket followed through with the process and therefore has an appointment while the others are still on the wait list at the step they stopped at.
- Sweets who is not a patient and has not submitted any new client information wants to know when Dr. Browns first available appointment is. He also forgot to mention what city he is in! We can not give Sweets any information at this point as the new client form, medical records, proof of rabies, etc. must be submitted for review first for safety purposes and logistics. It would be redundant to tell Sweets when our first available appointment is because proper paperwork has not been submitted and may never be submitted. Sweets eventually submits information but it turns out Sweets has a history of aggression. Dr. Brown has a well stated/documented nonnegotiable no aggressive pet policy so Sweets request is denied as Dr. Brown can not jeopardize the safety or livelihood of herself or staff. Sweets owner is given local referrals that may better suite his needs.
- Lucky's paperwork submitted three weeks ago has been approved but her owner has not yet sent the appointment deposit (step three) so Lucky stays on the wait list at step three.
- Skippy is an active client-patient and gets the first available appointment for her area immediately.
5. WHY IS AN APPOINTMENT DEPOSIT REQUIRED?
Due to the nature of this practice and the logistics of scheduling appointments in different cities around the valley, only a limited number of patients can be seen daily by Dr. Brown. We receive dozens of general inquiries for appointments every day and can only hold available appointment slots for preapproved requests for safety purposes, travel logistics, etc., as great attention to detail goes into scheduling a mobile practice. Therefore deposits are required for preapproved requests that have submitted both the online new client form and medical records before available dates and times can be disclosed and confirmed.
Active clients are not required to make deposits however excessive cancellations may result in deposits being required prior to scheduling
6. HOW MUCH IS THE APPOINTMENT DEPOSIT?
- A minimum appointment deposit of $50 per pet pending appointment type is required prior to scheduling which will be deducted from invoice total
- If applicable, any urgent care, after hours or extended travel fees are to be included with deposits as well
7. HOW DO I MAKE AN APPOINTMENT DEPOSIT?
- Deposits for preapproved appointment requests can be made in the following way
8. WHAT IS THE APPOINTMENT CANCELLATION POLICY?
- Cancellation Policies are as follows as it is difficult to fill last minute cancellation slots due to logistics and the nature of scheduling a mobile practice
- 24 hour $50 cancellation fee
- $100 same day cancellation fee if less than 12 hour notice
- $200 and up (based on location) no show/not home fee
9. HOW DO I PAY A CANCELLATION FEE?
- Cancellation fees can be paid in the following way
10. DOES DR. BROWN OFFER EMERGENCY SERVICES?
- Due to the nature of this practice, Dr. Brown is not able to offer emergency services
11. DOES DR. BROWN OFFER SAME DAY APPOINTMENTS?
- Patients are seen by scheduled appointment during regular business hours based on location and availability
- Dr. Brown makes every attempt to triage patients as needed. Same day appointment requests are subject to availability and may include an URGENT CARE FEE starting at $75 and up based on location and appointment needs, in addition to regular appointment fees
12. DOES DR. BROWN OFFER AFTER HOURS APPOINTMENTS?
- After hour appointments are considered on a case by case basis pending doctor availability and includes after hour fees at doctors discretion starting at $175 and up in addition to regular appointment fees
13. DOES DR. BROWN SEE AGGRESSIVE PETS OR PETS IN NEED OF SEDATION FOR EXAMS?
- No, for safety purposes Dr. Brown does not offer services to aggressive pets, pets with a history of aggression or pets in need of sedation for exams under any circumstances
14. MAY I TEXT OR SOCIAL MEDIA MESSAGE DR. BROWN ABOUT MY PETS?
- No, in order to maintain healthy boundaries and work/life balance please do not text or social media message Dr. Brown under any circumstances as it will not be received and a response will not be sent in return
- Learn more at NOTONEMOREVET
15. WHY IS IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER TO SUPPORT YOUR FREINDLY SMALL BUSINESS-OWNER VETERINARIAN?
16. WHY DOES DR. BROWN CHARGE A REMOTE ACCESS FEE (TeleVET Time) OUTSIDE OF IN PERSON APPOINTMENT TIME?
- Appropriate boundaries & compensation for her time outside of in person appointments such as remote patient care along with correspondence & support given to pet owners helps to avoid burn out and compassion fatigue.
- Learn more at NOTONEMOREVET
17. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DR. BROWNS SMALL BUSINESS ONLINE PHARMACY AND BIG CORPORATE ONLINE PET PHARMACIES & SUPPLIERS?